Valerie Gunning is a violinist, pianist, and music teacher based in Limerick City and West clare, Ireland.
- Early Music
- Masters in Music Performance, University College Cork, Ireland
- Diploma in Violin Teaching, London College of Music, University of West London
- Diploma in Piano Teaching, London College of Music, University of West London
- Bachelor of Arts in Language and Cultural Studies, University of Limerick, Ireland
- Grade 8 Violin Performance, Piano Performance, Music Theory, Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music, UK
Enrolling for private lessons in Limerick City throughout the year. Please contact for further information.
- 17 years experience teaching children and adults of all ages and levels, including exam preparation – from beginner to advanced.
- Piano and Violin Teaching Diplomas, London College of Music, University of West London.
- Teaching undergraduate piano at The Department of Music, University College Cork, during my Masters in Music Performance.
- Piano Accompanist for Royal Irish Academy of Music and ABRSM exams.
- Former violin and piano tutor, and piano accompanist, at Peter Dee Academy of Music, Ardscoil Mhuire Music Academy, and The Redemptorist Centre of Music, Limerick City.
- Previously represented Ireland at a number of international teaching conferences
SUNDAY 26 MARCH 2023
1pm Belltable Arts Centre
DIALOGUES: Creative Conversations Between Old and New
LIMERICK NEW MUSIC ENSEMBLE
Fiona Linnane, director
Triona Walsh, soprano
Valerie Gunning, violin
Roisin McMullin, viola
Markus Kraeber, saxophones/clarinets
Darren Murphy, guitar
Aoife Chawke, piano & harpsichord
Limerick New Music Ensemble (formerly CoMA Limerick) presents a programme of new and existing works reflecting on early music and its relationship with the contemporary canon. Taking its name from Vincenzo Galilei’s 16th-century treatise Dialogo della musica antica et della moderna, (‘Dialogue regarding ancient and modern music’), this concert will premiere new pieces composed by members of the ensemble in collaboration with H.I.P.S.T.E.R. and the Limerick Early Music Festival, exploring aspects of early music. Directed by Fiona Linnane and featuring guest artist Yonit Kosovske on harpsichord, the ensemble will bring their usual blend of eclecticism, whimsy and musical diversity for their inaugural LEMF performance.
23rd September 2022
LIMERICK NEW MUSIC ENSEMBLE
selected PAST PERFORMANCES
- Regular performances with Limerick Philharmonic Orchestra, Cork Concert Orchestra, Cork Fleischmann Symphony Orchestra, and University of Limerick Orchestra.
- 2020 – Worldwide Release of “Together is Beautiful” with The Earth Orchestra on Decca Records (Universal Music).
- 2019 – Representing Ireland, recording with The Earth Orchestra at Abbey Road Studios, London
- 2019 – Taki Concordia Women’s Orchestra, conductor Marin Alsop. World Economic Forum Opening Ceremony, Davos, Switzerland.
- 2018 – Seoul International Community Orchestra, Sejong Center, Seoul, South Korea.
- 2017 & 2018 – WOW Orchestra, Women of the World Festival, Royal Festival Hall, Southbank Centre, London.
- 2017/2018 – 10 city concert tour of China with Amadeus Orchestra (UK)
- Summer 2016, 2017, 2018 – resident orchestra of Trentino Music Festival, presenting operas, musicals, and orchestral concerts in the Italian Alps with Music Academy International (New York)
- Summer 2015, 2016, 2017 – Esker Festival Orchestra in residency at NUI Galway, followed by nationwide tours.
- ISM – Incorporated Society of Musicians
- EPTA – European Piano Teachers Association
- ESTA – European String Teachers Association
- Royal Irish Academy of Music Local Centre Teachers
- ABRSM Teachers Voices Panel